Game Design Document, week 6


LINK(S): I have included a link =link to my Dundoc

Article = GDD
IMAGE=image link



What is a game design document?



So what I learned about game design document is that it's the first step in order to have an idea and put the mechanics aesthetics dynamics into our game

the first 1 = memory aid as in how the game works in detail which you might forget to add something in your game decision so it's good to record your game decisions and then the second thing is communication tool= usually communication tool is not included in our game development because I will be working on my own but if you did need to communicate it also helps us write down in our game station

Then we have game decision overview design this will only have few pages with writing management and then we have detailed design document this is where you describe the mechanics to communicate with artists and engineers.

You also have story overview where writers work on the game narrative settings characters and actions to them the document then can be showing to the game design designers.

then you have concept art overview which helps the team or the person designing the game have a visual idea to look on the board

There is also game budget where you have lists of value and money limits to the production like the time estimation and the people you want to work with all of that takes time money.

then you have script writing so if the game has any dialogue you need to write it down and record it then the important one is game tutorial and manual where you need to have basic actions on the game and to teach them to the players we're gonna play the game

 To start off with my game design document
 I need to have an idea for my game and write it in the simplest form in two or a few more sentences

 My overall game is going to be about = A shooter with infinite number of balloons and you have a health bar which you try to survive from a scary clown.

 I will be illustrating or photo shopping some background image for my game. it might be 3D



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction of my self

unity tutorials restart prototype 3

Games MDA